During opening day for teachers I will explain to them that visibility and collaboration are priorities at our school. I have found the process of developing this plan insightful, challenging and rewarding. Increased administrative visibility before school, in classes, after school and in the community. A school principal who observes and listens wholeheartedly conveys a genuine care for others. Positive environment open to all. We must all take ownership in our school and commit to doing whatever it takes to be the best school- period! Secondary Principals'Entry Plan "The First 100 Days" Mathew Murphy, Ed. Read widely and stay current on trends shaping education in their own community, state and nation. Students must demand from themselves that they do everything in their power to succeed in school, while the adults do whatever it takes to ensure student success. Harvard Business Review. Prioritize relationships, take care of yourself and your community, and show up with consistency and good judgment (Zenger & Folkman, 2019). It is my job as principal to assess our systems, identify weaknesses and improve upon them, but that is not enough. Ultimately, it is not just creating a plan that will help. The Principals Role in Supporting New Tech, Co-teaching Strategies / The Unstoppable ML Teacher. Communicate the Principal Entry Plan to staff members (via e-mail and posted on school website) By July 19 , 2019 Host one -on-one meet and greet with staff . What do people value what is important? Focus will be on setting the tone for personalization and high expectations. I am writing to inform you that my 2022-2023 Entry Plan for Westfield Middle School is ready for you to review. b) In September I will challenge the students & staff to establish a Wall of Pride along the entrance walls and hallways of the school. It has always been my dream to create a school that acts as a . H\@Fy0 BG:$cCZ>>3,rH),~_o~t._[l;syOws$:>\cus]8KaFdG}.f>wb 0000005442 00000 n During my first six months, I look forward to connecting with students, staff, families, and community members to learn more about the strengths and challenges of our school. Devote deep work time to exploring the ideas in the template and writing out your plan. Given these priorities, what do you need to do during your transition to lay the necessary groundwork for achieving them? The entrance to our school should exude confidence, success and pride. This entry plan has been created as a tool to communicate to all stakeholders my commitment to listening, learning and inspiring Freeland Middle School, and the district as we move forward together in learning around best practices in instruction, curriculum and building a positive culture. 0000008823 00000 n We will all work hard, support one another and grow together. endobj 0000010611 00000 n Title I is at 59%. It is your job to oversee facilities and evaluate staff. All rights reserved. 0000072515 00000 n 15. b) Principal No Office Day: To model the importance of visibility and accessibility I will place my desk in the main entrance foyer of the school for the opening week of school. . We will then set goals to improve student learning. b) I would like to have monthly Snack & Chat sessions with the principal after school. Positive environment open to all. What if you could communicate through your plan that as their new principal you are ready to connect in meaningful ways with stakeholders, look for opportunities that can level up your school, and tackle the challenges ahead together? We must look in the mirror, not out the window for solutions. In order to move to the next level, we must build upon our strengths and face our challenges head-on as outlined in this Entry Plan. <>/ExtGState<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Meetings with district leaders to learn about district priorities and initiatives. 0000004467 00000 n How much emphasis will you place on learning as opposed to doing? Gain deep understanding of former principal's vision, mission and core beliefs. Updated 07/19/2020, By Ron Williamson and Barbara R. Blackburn. 2 0 obj Leading from a school-wide perspective, rather than the perspective of a single classroom teacher, is a significant transition. Familiarize myself with site mission and vision and school's performance plan. The complex decisions involved in creating this plan were based on my fundamental core values as an educator and lifelong learner. The superintendent is your direct boss. Students must strive to do their best academically and behaviorally becoming leaders in our school. In September organize structured meetings with all staff. We will celebrate our successes! Learn how your comment data is processed. Parents were again proud to be Pocasset families. It is also a good time to start a chess club/team! Right down the road was Pocasset Elementary School, the same school I attended as a young child. But recently, Pocasset was struggling. b) Opening Day for Teachers: Personalization activity, School we want to become discussion, Goal #2. <> 0000013796 00000 n Data should indicate common stakeholder beliefs in our schools strengths, weaknesses and vision for excellence. Go Make a Ruckus! 7. 0000020397 00000 n Instead, engaging the entire school community in deep conversations before writing goals will often reveal to you the real challenges a school faces. Tour the interior and exterior of building and develop a summer cleaning and maintenance plan that will bring our school to a new level. How would you like to communicate with your principal? How do we know what students are learning? Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data gleaned. that shares pertinent information, success stories, and updates that will keep everyone in the know about the happenings at Normandin Middle School. Based on a collaborative analysis of the results of our efforts, what can we do to improve student learning? H\0~ 1. A quick search will turn up many plans, but what if you could create an entry plan that paves the way to establish relational trust your school community? The principal & administration team will meet with all students the first day of school to explain our expectations and highlight our expectations on student behavior. There is a direct correlation between teacher/administrative visibility in the school and reduced disciplinary issues and improved learning. Analyze data to narrow focus on goals for excellence, District Turnaround Plan:evaluate where we stand and develop a plan for implementation, assessment and training. Agreed upon school-wide goals that will improve student learning. L N>+!|eGVNo[JB=Zmg?l+2o|N:[fQXk*mNGzq}B?~fn}\N`nm8GJbrzj}u?$mKrDwv.up0du9)h+x{S2zV?-v(:VGLI2^CFOwfDw&%Xr%^3,h4_cB6y"95r 4rnq{^SzOP[ stream (2003). Her newest book, Rigor in the Remote Learning Classroom, will be out in September, 2020. Grouping data should result in common themes among the different groups. A place where everyone is treated with respect, treated fairly and appreciated. The opening day of school must establish expectations, vision and values. %PDF-1.5 % 60 Day Measurable Goals/Objectives Staying the Course in the Storm by the end of Sept. 90 Day Measurable Goals/Objectives "Don't Let Up, Still a Few Ripples But The Waters Will Start Settling" by End of October, "Identify, Plan, Do,and Review for Continuous Improvement", Good is the Enemy of Great - Commitment to Excellence and Improvement Never Ends. 2. %PDF-1.5 4 STEPS TO AP DEVELOPMENT Part I: Diagnose AP and Manager discuss AP's strengths and areas of development and agree upon startof year diagnosis against the KIPP School Leadership Progression and Readiness Criteria Part II: Plan for Strategic Development Acting in ways that are consistent with espoused beliefs and values. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. What are your hopes and dreams for our school? 0000016479 00000 n Updated website & new principal blog, student survey. By clicking Accept, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Given your situation, what should the timing and extent of each of the waves of change you envision? Our goal is to have the cleanest school and grounds in the state. I would like our teachers working together solving our problems and improving our school. How to Create Your Principal Entry Plan Apr 20, 2023 | Efficiency, Leadership, Mastermind Whether you are an aspiring, newly hired, or veteran school principal, developing a strong entry plan helps you identify important next steps as you move into a new school. 18. Phase 1: First 30 Days of the 2021-2022 school year Familiarize myself with site mission and vision and school's performance plan. Caring and responsible attitudes create respectful individuals. xref 0 To model the importance of visibility and accessibility I will place my desk in the main entrance foyer of the school for the opening week of school. ), Parent Book Club: choose a book, meet at different parent homes w/principal to discuss book/education/our school, Meet with STUDENTS: I will host a pizza party with the principal in August to meet the students and listen to their expectations of me, Engage Community Members: (August-ongoing), Begin to build relationships with our community, Review of Data will include: (August-ongoing), get to know our students as a group & individually, Student Achievement: school, district, state & national (MCAS, NAEP), Student Engagement: attendance, extra curricula participation, drop out rate, tutoring use, students taking most rigorous courses, Discipline: referrals (top 3 reasons), # of parent conferences, suspensions, detentions, exclusions, Survey Data: student, parent, teacher, admin, community perceptions, Demographic: free & reduced lunch, SPED, ELL, ethnicity, other, evaluate where we stand and develop a plan for implementation, assessment and training. The complex decisions involved in creating this plan were based on my fundamental core values as an educator and lifelong learner. MiddleWeb is all about the middle grades, with great 4-8 resources, book reviews, and guest posts by educators who support the success of young adolescents. Set up a daily score card for your to-do list. school will be a place where academic and personal excellence is an expectation for all. I transferred to Pocasset July 1, 2020, during the height of the pandemic, to help restart and transform the school. 0000014238 00000 n I am a 21-year veteran Pre-K-4 elementary principal in the Tiverton Public Schools, a small rural district along the Rhode Island shoreline. Previously, he taught at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and was a teacher, principal, and executive director of instruction in the Ann Arbor, Michigan, Public Schools. hbbd```b``v i/d"S"= DH&S X)_oiLwD"F&Ff1t"3/{` IT endstream endobj startxref 0 %%EOF 942 0 obj <>stream This phase is time to begin building meaningful connection. Describe as vividly as you can the behaviors you would like to encourage and discourage. Principal's Entry PLAN Jeanne Montgomery Spencer, Ed.D. Our administrative team will be very visible: we will be everywhere and anywhere! % Please click here to view. Professional development plan. -g{'`dM F6W'Ltuo}fcw9 :bn~|-NY_4fMci:y?g8y=%7}ZKtcS"]k|k7wHWo[S\+pMlJV0j8&eEeEeEeEeEeEe]2YE]8#t8k(//}>"d3SLz Borelli NAESP (2007), Open Letter to Principals: 5 Leadership Strategies for a New Year <>>> This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Meetings will also include a tech 10 10 minutes of sharing new & exciting breakthroughs we are using in technology. Begin honoring a team member of the month who lives out your school values. 4. We will be judged by its presence. Tour the interior and exterior of building and develop a summer cleaning and maintenance plan that will bring our school to a new level. 0000006987 00000 n Harvard Business Review. It is, collective responsibility to ensure we do whatever it takes to prepare. 16. The criteria will be that the wall must celebrate our successes. What do people in your school view as success and what do they view as failure? Food is a great enticement for kids. This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and to analyze traffic. As educators we. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Expectations of excellence need to be driven by the leaders in our school, a) Establish a leadership Team consisting of teachers & admin at Normandin. For a trust-building bonus, Ruckus Maker principals will put away their phones and give others their full attention. This policy provides equal access to courses and programs, counseling services, physical education and athletics, vocational education, instructional materials and extra-curricular activities. It is vital to make a strong first impression. Those networks may be virtual such as a Personal Learning Network, or face-to-face. Take everything you have learned and work with your staff to set goals connected to the schools shared vision and feedback received during the interviews and surveys. There are literally dozens of lists of suggestions and tips for principals, many prepared by the major professional education leadership associations. The Westfield Public School Distrist and Schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, economic status, homelessness, political party, or disability in admission to, access to, employment in, or treatment by its programs and activities. By planning purposeful opportunities to learn more about the people you serve and revealing glimpses of who you are as a person, you establish norms that say, People are valued here.. Distance Learning: All schools are serving all students virtually. Together, you can create an entry plan that can quick-start a school transformation. ability to work as a team and plan, implement and execute our shared vision. Meet with both supporters and critics of the school to keep lines of communication open and build collaborative relationships. 0 a) 1 day a week the principal will distribute a memo/newsletter (Friday Focus)that shares pertinent information, success stories, and updates that will keep everyone in the know about the happenings at Normandin Middle School. 0000006489 00000 n Select the top 10 trending challenges and present your findings to staff and others in the school community. Begin with Trust. Continued success in this work will be guided by the APS Strategic Plan, complimented by the 3-5 Year Action Plan, enveloped in trust, transparency and respect. A new principal experiences a range of emotions. My vision is to lead Normandin Middle School so that it is not only the best middle school in Massachusetts, but also the best school , Education is the meal ticket to success! https://hbr.org/2020/05/begin-with-trust, Zak, P.J. Goal 5 - To ensure efficiency and effectiveness of human and financial capital. As a result, we should see a decline in discipline incidents in our school. A 100-day entry plan with input by all constituents can be the answer. Our goal is to have the cleanest school and grounds in the state. Hello, Debbie! Build networks for their continued learning. I apologize for the broken link! Agreed upon school-wide goals that will improve student learning. Together, you can create an entry plan that can energize a school transformation. Do you have all viewing points? What they say goes, even if you do not entirely agree with them. 807 48 Characteristics of this kind of integrity include: Central to the success of a new school leader is the quality of the relationships that exist among the adults and between the adults, students and families. Your email address will not be published. My third book is available for pre-order and will help you craft a high-quality principal entry plan. These values will be shared with everyone on our 1, Expectations set for principal and teachers to be visible in our. L 8bl*aC45ZUf1yP=SxHQ{kJ^'%~:i1F;6KnFY;(t h"E z"jvy!QjE}MS Y'0 =JCa#}XdqU/tbB'dCg1KR3*R(7]&B& =1U#.QCgA(:gkfBa~j6}5GEzN/!p@F3 Students must demand from themselves that they do everything in their power to succeed in school, while the adults do. This phase of the plan is about learning everything you can about your school. What successes have we celebrated in the past? 0000001666 00000 n And if youd like help getting started on your entry plan, click here. Develop a plan for staff to work together to assess our needs and establish goals to improve student learning. Launch the vision and goals your team has set. It must be ourfundamental belief that all students can learn and achieve at high levels. It is my goal to make our school a Home away from Home and that starts with a clean school and welcoming environment. Please click here to view. My vision is to lead Normandin Middle School so that it is not only the best middle school in Massachusetts, but also the best school period! Both information and successes? Use discussion questions in Appendix A as a guide. They are critical for teachers and students, teachers and parents, parents and administrators, and administrators and teachers. Greet students and be visible during drop off, classrooms, cafeteria, recess, dismissal to build and model positive relationships. 0000002546 00000 n Teachers and principals know that the first day of school is important in setting the stage for the year. Prepping Our Classes for Substitute Success, Two Fun Stats Activities for Middle School Math, 8 Keys to Designing Tomorrows Schools Now, Help Your Students Avoid Collaborations Downside, Math Facts Fluency Fun to Round Out the Year, A New Century Adventure in MS Collaborative Professional Learning, Why Students Still Need Community Libraries, Why We Need to Teach Puberty Education in 4-6, Sharing the Breadth of Arab American Heritage, Empower Students to Become Lifelong Readers, Kids Loved Our Tasty Middle School Elective, How Reimagining Book Clubs Deepens Learning, Strength-Based Goal Setting for Gifted Kids, Team Leader Moves That Impact Adult Learning, SEL: Empower Teachers to Support Students, Trauma-Informed Support for Grieving Students, Useful Teachers Guide to Multimodal Composition, Revamp Book Clubs to Deepen Comprehension, ThinkLaw Strategies Can Grow Critical Thinkers, Strengthen Instructional Leadership Teams, Effective First Aid to Quash Teacher Burnout, The Essential Traits of School Leader Credibility, A Poetry Resource Sure to Engage Students, Assessment That Aligns with SEL Skills and Goals, Texturing Culturally Sustaining Practices, Powered by - Designed with theHueman theme. A clear, concise and intentional plan will ensure that the transition of principals is a catalyst for excitement, change and continued improvement. We must look in the mirror, not out the window for solutions. 0000002025 00000 n We will then set goals to improve student learning. Before you even begin, consider the foundational element of trust. !X Meetings will also include a tech 10 10 minutes of sharing new & exciting breakthroughs we are using in technology. I believe my strong administrative qualities are a perfect match for the needs of Normandin Middle School, its students and staff. 0000098412 00000 n [PDF] 30-60-90 Day Entry Plan Victor Sherbondy Principal Jesse Hall Author: www.washoeschools.net Publish: 18 days ago Rating: 3 (545 Rating) Highest rating: 4 Lowest rating: 1 Descriptions: Phase 1: First 30 Days of the 2021-2022 school year 1. 0000071910 00000 n a)It is vital to make a strong first impression. Define how will you show up as a leader and what gets in the way. & Folkman, J. Follow this up by meeting with the custodial team to endorse the plan, offer support and encouragement and set high expectations. Entering a school as a new principal is a daunting task, whether a seasoned veteran or a novice principal. This complex task cannot be accomplished by any one person; it will require strong commitments from our students, staff, administration, parents and community members. Meet with Office Staff, Custodians, and School Counselor August Plan opening meeting August Review 2015-2016 school-wide assessment data and end of year staff reflection survey to assess the
In Terms Of Membership, The Knights Of Labor Discriminated, How To Wear A Stetson Open Road Hat, What Is Oman Famous For, British Council Ielts Result Delay, Articles M