I have a 17 year old grandson that would probably love the experience. The1st Model Dragoon was essentially a Walker with an inch and a halftrimmed off the barrel, a better latch to hold the loading lever inplace, and a cylinder shortened to hold only 50 grains of black powderto reduce the chance of explosions. This kit is pre-assembled but will require final finishing such as sanding, bluing, polishing, and etc. You had toremember to always check the loading lever, and lift it back up afterevery shot before you could cock the pistol again. Buying a pair of Walker .44s from Cabelas (US) where its very affordable. When it went off there was a lot of smoke, a strong but manageable recoil, and a lot of noise. I see this previous conversation took place 12 years past so things have changed quite a bit. Though intended for use at 50 yards or less, there are stories about Walkers hitting targets as far away as 100 yards. The steel is all blued and then chemically washed to give it the classic patina. This authentic reproduction features a 9" barrel, fixed sights, one-piece walnut grip, overall length of 15-3/4", steel backstrap and brass trigger guard. Including holsters, gun belts, grips, stocks, and display cases and stands. kill a man at 500 yards. This replica of the Colt Whitneyville Walker 1847, .44 caliber, six-shot, percussion, revolver was made Italy by San Marco Replica Arms. Colt Walker Army Rifle - New Book by Charles Pate, Free USA Shipping! Mounted Rifles needed a powerful handgun for mounted combat. Assembly kit - an option which features internal mechanism and disassembly, please, check Protector Palm Pistol, Double Derringer and Colt Walker. The following Colt Dragoon models were also 44 caliber, had improved steel, and shorter cylinders. colt, document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Ive read of two reasons given for the exploding Walker cylinders. The second was the loading of the clinical bullets in reverse; with the flat base pointed out. Vintage 90s Antoine Walker Boston Celtics Champion Away Jersey Replica Sz 48 XL, KENNETH WALKER III SIGNED SEAHAWKS CHROME SPEED REPLICA HELMET BECKETT QR, Replica Military Army Olive Green Jacket Patches Colt Zip Up Mens Large, Herschel Walker Dallas Cowboys Signed Lunar Eclipse Alternate Replica Helmet, Leave feedback about your eBay search experience - opens in new window or tab. Barrel is a .44 caliber and has a one piece grip with European walnut stock. Even if the gun didnt explode, the recoil from a fully-charged chambergoing off would usually cause the loading lever to drop, sending the ramback into a chambers mouth, effectively jamming the gun. Colt Walker conversion with blued cylinder and ring with loading gate This cartridge converter is made for the 1847 Colt Walker percussion revolver in .44 caliber. One is a 1978 and the other a 1982, Both shoot great. Caliber Info: 44. Shooting the Walker is an exercise in boomstick atavism. Price: $75.00. Was always intrigued by this pistol ever since I saw the Duke (in early 1970 at the drive In) hold one in True Grit ( Gad, girl! Features Pre-assembled; needs finishing Inspired by Capt. Its powerful, its accurate as hell at 50-60 yards I shoot at and it makes alot of smoke which I think is fun. The wedge must hold the barrel tightly against the frame in any case. Theyre too rare and expensive to test either theory out. I bought it in the mid 1970s and fired it back then at a private range. This kit will require final finishing such as sanding, bluing, and polishing allowing you to truly make it your own! Boxed and with instructions, it was to be assembled by the buyer. I was surprised to say the least. I have looked longingly at modern reproductions of the various ColtDragoons. Full Conceal VIPER: The Unofficial Space Force Collapsible Carry Gun SHOT Show 2019, Hogues New Solution For Unchangeable Grips SHOT Show 2019. This revolver was designed as a solution to numerous problems encountered with the Walker Colt. Cimarron will only produce 1,100 of these guns, just as the originals. Skill level 1. These are rare to buy in Canada as they have to be imported and thats usually a hassle. I have long admired the Walker Colt and hope one day to have the privilege to shoot a replica. I have an Uberti Walker, and I can say its a huge gun. Got my kit a week ago and was. That's right, a revolver that weighs just short of a bag of sugar from the grocery store. The parts are all machine finished so the file & sand paper work goes quickly. I have recently aquired another but havent been to the range with it yet. Thats with .451 balls and cylinders full of 3f powder and crisco lube. Black Powder, Just purchased one there yesterday. , Dixie Gun Works. All are even more fun to shoot, since the cylinders are easily removed to load with a more expeditious benchtop loader. The original Walkershooters learned to slip a little loop of rawhide or leather over thebarrel and to hold the loading lever in place. Produced at his factory in Paterson New Jersey Colts new pistol was enthusiastically received by the Rangers of the newly independent Republic of Texas and in 1844 Colts pistol made history when sixteen Rangers held off 80 Comanche warriors with their new revolvers. A. Pleasing on the eye too. I dont know where this 60 and 70 grains of powder is coming from in the comments. Samuel Walker was so impressed by the performance of Colts first production revolver in the tide-turning Battle of Bandera Pass that he met with Colt to collaborate on what would be the biggest and heaviest black powder revolver Colt ever produced the .44-caliber 1847 Walker. That was ninepounds of horse pistols hanging off Fords waist. This kit is well worth the money and with some time and effort you can have a well finished model. With a 9-inch round barrel and more than four pounds of weight, the Colt Walker was a weapon for the toughest soldiers and lawmen on the frontier. We use cookies to make your experience better. CIVIL WAR US CSA CONFEDERATE UNION DRAGOON COLT WALKER .44 REVOLVER HOSLTER, Colt Walker Pistol 44 Cal Barrel Marked Replica Arms Marietta. You could also find Confererates for under $1,000. I traded it for something else. The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. I have not fired it in decades and shooting Black Powder at a public range does not work well because of the difference in time needed for cleaning and reloading as compared to modern smokeless arms. And yea, verily, doth the Walker speak with a mightyshout, like a great host of the mighty men of old. One was the metallurgy, as mentioned in the posted comments. spot on at 50 yards. Nice gun and I didnt think the price was way outta line. Cimarron, The gunmakers continued to make small improvements that set each Dragoon model apart. The barrel is 9 inches long and theentire gun, from the tip of the stocks to the end of the muzzle is 15and a half inches. This is a nice kit and fun to finish. Testing maximum power capability of the Colt Walker replica with four kinds of powder. An elderly collector friend in Austin had two original (first gen) Walkers and took me to the gun range to shoot one of them. TP1540 Spring for hand (repro) for the Colt Walker Revolver $4.95 Compare SP1500 Top Strap/Rear Triggerguard Screw (repro) for the Colt Walker And Dragoon Revolver (FOR ORIGINAL COLT REVOLVERS ONLY) $4.95 Compare SP1503 Trigger and Stop Spring Screw (repro) for the Colt Walker ,Manhattan .36, Dragoon, 1851, 60, 61 And Conversion, S.A. Army $4.95 I shoot a uberti walker. THIS PRODUCT CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO NEW JERSEY OR CANADA. Dad still has it today, but it hasnt been fired for several decades now. . I like Bore Butter, which is acommercial lube with a faint menthol odor. use carb cleaner to clean the gun. A Walker can hold 60 grains of powder behind a round ball, or 50 behind a conical. The Walker is one of the famous revolvers made by Colt. It is a faithful replica of the Colt Walker made by the Italian Uberti. You may judiciously stone the wedge to get a better fit, but dont overdo it. I have had one reoccurring problem with it however aside from the loading lever dropping which I keep secure with an O-ring after loading. You can purchase yours directly from the Cimarron Fire Arms Company. Levi Sim is an avid hunter, and an increasingly avid shooter. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. It takesseveral minutes to load each chamber with loose black powder, followedby a .457 inch diameter round lead ball. THE FIGURED WALNUT GRIPS WITH A LITLE HELP FROM A FINE FILE A DREMEL 400 GRIT PAPER AND 0000 STEEL WOOL & LINSEED OILCAME OUT BEAUTIFUL.THE GUN LOOKS LIKE A FINE RELICITS A HEAD TURNER I CANT WAIT TO SHOOT IT I'LL USE PYRODEX 30 GRAIN PISTOL PELLETS. Requested URL: www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/uberti-reproduction-1847-colt-walker-44-cal-9-barrel-black-powder-revolver-6-rounds?a=1673613, User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.114 Safari/537.36. Im the lucky owner of two Wakers, one Uberti and one Colt signature model, the Uberti i bought first some 20 years ago, and i can safely say that no other gun makes me smile like the Walker, Ive shot it for fun at home on my ranch, in the Danish championship at BP meetings in Denmark and Germany, or just at our clubs shooting range and it is always a hoot, big loud and faithfull, damm I love my Walkers. Also, some researchers believe that the cylinders exploded because the troops loaded the conical Picket bullets upside down, in effect they created a shaped charge that blew out the cylinder walls. We have identified anomalies in your browser or connection settings that have flagged this request as potentially malicious or automated. Yes,its heavy. Its included powder horn has a brass finish, the tin for percussion caps is very cool, it includes a nipple wrench and it all comes in a commemorative display case. I have owned and fired regularly a Pieta Colt army for a year now. Well done it makes a nice change to read something that makes sense. Cimarrons schedule will follow the original Walkers, with C Company being produced first. The cap-and-ball revolver fired six 36 caliber balls, and a loading mechanism was incorporated into the design. Specifications and prices are subject to change without notice. Loaded correctly the Walker was not a problematical pistol other than the poorly fastened under barrell ram rod which had a habit of dropping down as the gun fired & recoiled thus preventing the cylinder indexing the next round, again a redesigned catch was fitted to the Dragoon. I also have a couple of original Colts, also in .36. We got one of these in early 2004. Related Tags: Dragoon revolvers evolved as improvements on the Colt Walker. Draws a big audience especially when they see how accurate these Walkers are. Designed in collaboration with Capt. Gun - Revolver - 1847 Walker - Uberti $489.00 TAC-500A- 550859 With a 9" round barrel and weighing over four pounds, the Colt Walker was a weapon for the toughest soldiers and frontier lawmen. Color: Black, Golden, Gray . Avoid the fancy 3rd generation or signature series. They were sold by Colt but arent technically Colts because they werent assembled and finished at the Colt factory and wont have Colt inspectors marks. Sam Colt worked with the Whitney Armory to produce it. Sometimes you can find used ones in the $400 to $500 range. This gun is made following the original dimensions from Colt. Of the four Dragoon models, the first was manufactured for Colt by Eli Whitney. It fired .454" round balls weighing approximately 140 grains at muzzle velocities in excess of 1,100 fps, and from the time it was introduced in 1847 until the .357 Magnum hit the market in the 1930s Colt's .44-caliber Walker was the most powerful revolver in the world - a title it held for more than 80 years! Oh, by the way, I am assured it is genuine Colt. Crisco over the ball gave way to the felt wad between powder & ball, and I get superb accuracy with a simple 2 ply paper wad seated over the powder, then a ball with the bottom end dipped in a small amount of tallow + beeswax ball lube. it is indeed a beautiful pistol and do not plan on using it since it is authographed by him and also with Gus Does anyone know where i can get the instructions. There is something heady about the dull throaty boom andthick rich clouds of sulphury smoke that smell like a hundred 4th ofJuly firecrackers just went off in my hand. The Walkers massive fire-power needed a much stronger frame and larger overall gun design than earlier models the Walker weighed nearly four-and-a-half pounds and was 15 long. You have entered an incorrect email address! Black Powder: 50 grains max that you can still seat a round ball. So why bother with a modern copy of a quirky, troublesome design from1847? Upon inspection some days or even weeks later, I cannot find any deterioration. The antiquedfinish with scratches makes this gun look truly well-used and I think itd be a shame if you didnt go out and use it. Shootin iron. It\s a hoot to shoot, and an absolute looker all the way. Walker. I allow the kerosene to dry off, reassemble the components, and apply light gun grease or even bore butter to moving parts and rub the whole assembly down with bore butter before storage. Bought my Walker Colt, I was going to Kirst Convert It to 45 Colt . the thousands upon thousands that have been killed by those "ancient" weapons. With an improved loading lever, shorter cylinder and lighter weight, the Dragoon was an improvement over the Colt Walker. Original finish is pictured here. Horse pistol. Black Powder R, Uberti Reproduction 1847 Colt Walker .44 Cal. THANK YOU DIXIE WAYNE J. Ithad a complicated, delicate trigger that dropped down into firingposition only when the pistol was cocked. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. See the listing below for how many will be made for each company. I have shot it and taken it hunting quite a bit and thoroughly enjoy it, the action is smoothing up with use. It does have more punch! First,it was just a little too big, even for a Texas Ranger and cavalryofficer like Captain Walker. And maybe a pair of 58 Remington 44's to go with it. please answer this questionjust bought my first Walker and noted that the wedge was really sticking out the right side.
Is British Heart Foundation A Flat Structure, Cuny Loan Disbursement Dates 2021, Bubba The Love Sponge Cast, Articles C