On the other hand, if you dont mind spending more bucks on premium clam guns, the Clam Hawk will never disappoint. It's built like tank (although much lighter) and the vacuum tube works exactly as advertised. This is an incredible offer for most users as they can pick and choose to their hearts content. Clean the clams as soon as possible. She loves her Claminator Lil' Desperado and loves to dig clams. Since switching to The Claminator, I've limited out each and every dig in 2021. Rugged steel First things first: Murff will hook you up FAST! There is abundant fresh seafood throughout the Northeast, and I believe clams (quahogs) are the most versatile. Today, there are dozens of razor clam beaches in Washington and Oregon, and the season typically runs from October to May. U-Name-It Welding and Fabrication, dba TheClaminator.com. PVC ? * On orders over $99*Exclusions Apply. Clam guns have hollow cylinders with holes in the caps and handles, which are utilized to dig clams via suction. Thus, its durability keeps up a good few notches for such reasons. If it rattles, its working properly! The new gun passed the test with flying colors. I quickly threw all of my plastic clam guns away. We climbed a ladder to board the Alumaweld 28-foot Offshore Hardtop Just Fish, stowed our day packs, and settled in to experience the unique tractor-driven boat launch out of Deep Creek. So, so much easier to pull out! My wife is able to pull clams one handed with her Claminator. Hello, I spoke to Dave and he will be in the same place for the digs in Copalis. I can almost pull the Claminator up with one hand. 6. Also, dont forget to involve the kids. You can reach out to Dave directly at 360.775.5503 to check on whether he has a video. Provides warranty concurrent with manufacturer's warranty for the firearm, including all parts & labor for warranty repairs during coverage. Clam hawks lowest pricing is around $170, and their high-end products are above $200. Try to get the oil inside as much as possible to prevent rusting. The easy push and pull suction allows users to catch clams easily. Rinsing with fresh water after each use will reduce the chance of the stainless steel becoming rusted or pitted. Perfect for digging razor and gapper clams! Hi, my name is Dale Murff. Sizes: 28", 33", 35", 37". This enamel finished, welded steel clam gun is time tested and success proven. The tube is inserted into the sand, and the user squeezes the trigger to release a burst of air, which propels the tube through the sand and sucks up clams along the way. Looking forward to using it for razor clams as well. It is best to go during low tide. Required fields are marked *. The clams were too deep to get with a shovel but this clam gun got it done, everyone I was clamming with tried it and they all agreed it was the best they have ever used. <>/ExtGState<>/XObject<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> Clamhawk & Clamhawg (I was typing quick on first submission and misplelled) Reply. Click on this link for more detailed info WDFW Cleaning Razors. Clamhawk -Razor Clam Gun. MPN: 00101. 224 talking about this. This is where you should start searching for your razor clams. These two seasoned clam diggers quickly showed me that I had a lot to learn if I was going to efficiently harvest Razors on the Washington Coast. Steven (6) offer up reviews. There are two methods for digging clams: clam shovel and clam gun. Each clam digger must have their own net or bucket, no sharing clam containers. 3. DECEMBER SALE - Get a FREE CLAM BAG with every purchase of a clam gun or shovel! So, look at the WDFW calendar, and plan an escape to the beach with the family and dig some razor clams. Clamhawk CG7 Young Gun Pink $ 150.00 Read more; Clamhawk CG8 Young Gun blue $ 150.00 Read more; Clam Bag $ 25.00 Add to cart; Clamhawk Tube Snake $ 12.95 Add to cart; Clamhawg CG4 & CG5 Cap & Strap $ 27.95 Add to cart; Clamhawk CG2 & CG3 Cap & Strap $ 27.95 Add to cart; Cart. OKI may have became a little obsessed with it. After four rakes, if youve got one quahog, look for a different place to live. He's a very hard working, experienced & talented craftsman, with a great sense of humor! Clam Raking Tips Clam Hawks have a pretty good durability life but have a record of snapping under more significant pressure; thus, their lifespan may be shorter than Clamintor. 2023, U-Name-It Welding and Fabrication, dba TheClaminator.com, Taxes and shipping calculated at checkout, Decrease quantity for Murffs Claminator Stainless Steel Clam Guns, Increase quantity for Murffs Claminator Stainless Steel Clam Guns, . Game changer for me. So, after skimming their features in this article, you must refer to your preferences in clam guns and match them with your budget before investing! Drill a hole near the other end of the tube. Description. 3 0 obj Makes pulling allot easier. . Note: This gun is recommended for people 5'6 or shorter. New, Razor Clam season is in full swing ( in Oregon) and Washington will be up again in the Fall. (must add clam bag to cart). In contrast, the Clam Hawk has a more extended tube design, making digging a better-suited activity. A PVC clam gun is a type of fishing gear used to harvest clams from the ocean floor. Copyright 2023Sportsman's Warehouse. THAT'S INCREDIBLE! Product information Technical Details Additional Information Feedback . Theres a criterion about Claminator that makes it worth the bucks, which is its higher portability. Then, twist the gun clockwise until you feel the suction release. Dave can be reached directly at 360-775-5503. Clamhawk Razor Clam Gun voted BEST on the beach! I met Dave Allard and his buddy Leo a few years ago on a Razor Clam adventure near Copalis Beach, WA. It looks like WhatsApp is not installed on your phone. %m+wluli It worked so well that I was able to push it into the sand with only 1 hand. The barrel is 5 in diameter by 37 tall. What separates those clam guns from the Murffs Claminator clam gun is our quality materials, unique valve design and exceptional workmanship! The Clamhawg CG-5 is constructed using thin but strong quality stainless steel. Check for razor clam openings, closures, and regulations for your state. Razor clams are fast diggers, and can dig themselves down 6 to 24 inches under the sand, some even deeper. To see our price, add these items to your cart. Always put SAFETY FIRST. Good product!!! At Sportsman's Warehouse, we've got you covered. Perfect for digging razor and gapper clams! I enjoy razor clamming much more with the Claminator. The tube is inserted into the sand above the clam, and the trigger is pulled to release a weight that strikes the clam, driving it out of the sand and into the tube. PSA..Ocean Anglers Team GENIE AYE Fishing. We are sorry. Watch this video on it.https://youtu.be/sdpISW1w4DUVideo cant be loaded because JavaScript is disabled: Clamhawk Razor Clam Gun voted BEST on the beach! document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. To begin, we used a vent-equipped venting clam gun to set the product overnight. A watt welding clam gun is a tool that is used to weld two pieces of metal together. And lets face it, when it comes to foraging for clams, you must spend a hefty amount of time digging multiple times in various areas. The vent tube design is the best concept you will ever find anywhere. The craftsmanship is perfect. Razor clam digging is a popular activity in the Pacific Northwest, and the tube type clams were the original type of clam that was harvested in this region. Clammers enjoy a lot of freedom, but they can also be quite territorial. The barrel is 5 in diameter by 31 tall. They can grow up to 3 to 6 inches in length. The 5 locations along the 56 miles of razor clam beaches on the Washington Coast are as listed below. Clean Razor Clams the Easy Way. With this gun its not a problem. Select your subscriptions from a range of popular titles. Claminator has 28, 33, 35, and 37, where the last size is applicable for children of up to eight years, and the largest size is for taller digs of 511 or more. The best part of having an array of customized sizes is that users can match their needs with their geoduck, horse neck, and oval clam gun preference, which optimizes their fieldwork. Reviewed in the United States on December 12, 2022. Well Dale, I told you I'd give you some feedback on your Claminator. My name is Maria Jimnez and I am the owner and creator of Anchor and Hopes SF, a seafood blog dedicated to providing recipes, information, and anything else related to seafood. Error posting question. People rave about how they keep grabbing this product repeatedly because of its incredibly long-lasting capacities, and they cant get enough! With differing models and styles, their pricing varies too. Murffs ClaminatorTM stainless Steel Clam Guns have been designed with high-quality stainless steels for maximum protection against sea water and wear and tear. I started researching clam guns and eventually found yours. A few months ago while camping at Cape Disappointment we went to Englund's in Astoria where I bought a Claminator. This is undoubtedly the last clam gun I will ever buy. The Clamhawk is a 5" stainless steel clam gun and will last a lifetime. Heres a list of some of the essential items to bring with you on your razor clam adventure. I think he's soon to be a customer of Murff's too! I changed from another brand of clam gun with a vent tube, and the Claminator works smoother than the other brand. Here are some tips on how to make your own vented clam gun. SHIPPING There may be enormous options to choose from when it comes to digging clams. Its distinct grabbing, suction, and pulling mechanism are always effective. Luckily, both brands manufacture clam guns in various sizes for specific clam digs. Even in the toughest sand this bad boy slips right in and eases right out where my aluminum gun struggles, litterly takes half the effort. Our Warranty for Clamhawk and Clamhawg clam guns: We offer a 120 day manufacturer's warranty. However, they are easier to carry around since theyre quite lightweight. After my wife tried mine, she got one too! Rust is not covered under the warranty. A reminder that fishing licenses expire March 31st. Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. Measures 31" in length and features a 5"x15" barrel with a 1.2"x10" T-handle. Finally, pull the handle up to remove the clam from the barrel. 83 Minna St, San Francisco, CA, United States, California, Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, The Best Lights To Use For Razor Clamming At Night, Mussels: A Safe Delicacy During Breastfeeding, Both Of These Muscles Work Together To Create The Movement Of The Jaw, Why Do Fresh Water Clams Have White Spots, 5 Tips To Keep Your Pet Calm During A Severe Storm. Why is, Your email address will not be published. There were a couple of times I had my cane in one hand and clam gun in the other and was able to pull the clam gun one-handed. I was born and raised in Oregon and grew up enjoying fishing, hunting and recreating in the wonderland that is the Pacific Northwest. It is built much stronger and I dont have to worry about it denting or breaking. <> Unlimited professional scope mounting & bore sighting during coverage. Rust is not covered under the warranty. These shovels were made up of two interchangeable lengths of shovels, a long and a short one. So, its a tradeoff that most users make based on what they require in their clam gun. In addition, manufacturers intuitively designed the product and welded everything shut, so there was almost no escape. 1 0 obj Reviewed in the United States on September 28, 2022, Really nice can't wait to use it.. but ifbibkbiw they naked gaper claim one I wo t custom one maybe next time, Reviewed in the United States on February 24, 2022. I quickly learned that Leos dog Ausie was one of the best clammers on the entire beach Shes definitely the smartest Australian Shepard Ive ever met. I thank you very much. Your email address will not be published. These have a long metal or PVC cylinder with a sealed handle and a hole in it for the user to create suction with. Clamhawk - 2012 Razor Clam Gun Debut Steven DeMars 192 subscribers 101K views 11 years ago The CLAMHAWK is a new, hybrid-stainless steel razor clam digging gun that is lightweight and. It is well made and I would definitely recommend it! First I have a majorly messed up back and a shoulder/arm that doesn't hardly work above my waist. It burrows into the sand very well and pulls out quite easily as well. Made in USA. Please try again. Discounts on gun customization from The Gunsmith at Sportsman's Warehouse. Username or Email. However, avid professionals know the merits of Claminator and Clam Hawk clam guns compared to others in the market. Enjoying your clamming and thank you for reaching out! If 30 days have passed since your purchase, we do not guarantee a full refund or exchange. The Claminator is amazing and noticeably easier to use compared to the other clam guns. So nice to see such an effective upgrade on a simple tool. This clam gun features foot pegs that give kids that extra advantage to help them get the gun further into the sand. I love it! Reviewed in the United States on August 29, 2020. Murffs Claminator stainless steel shovels are covered by our limited lifetime warranty which covers manufacture defects (i.e. I should have them resocked by the end of this coming week. To use a clam gun, first insert the barrel of the gun into the sand above the clam bed. The Razor Vac I have now will last me a lifetime. 2 minutes into our dig, he snapped the handle off of it and watched me dig my limit with my stainless gun until he could get his hands on my Claminator. First things first: Murff will hook you up FAST! Since then, we have also released, what I feel are, the finest clam shovels and geoduck tubes you can buy. However, although Claminator possesses high portability, it isnt exactly lightweight. On the other hand, Clam Hawk has a massive range of clam guns to choose from, but so is their price range. To angle a clam gun, first find an area where clams are known to live. All other states in the continental US(does not include Alaska or Hawaii)will be charged thediscounted flat rate of $9.50. 4.5-inch Diameter x 31-inch Tall. The clams can grow as long as six inches, in contrast with the common Manila clam, which tops out at three to four inches. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. Great Birthday gift! It consists of a long, cylindrical tube with a trigger mechanism and a handle. Q: Clams can be found on the surface by raking through the soft sand until they hit a hard one. Regardless of size, the first fifteen razor clams must be retained. This will be the trigger. as i see it you have 3 options for a vented clam gun. Murffs Claminator products are tools and should be treated with the care that any quality tool requires. 2) Stainless gun with welded vent tube - also very effective, but also not cheap. Willapa Marine Plastic Clam Gun - The Willapa Marine Plastic Clam Gun is made for taking razor clams from sandy ocean beaches. Reviewed in the United States on April 24, 2023. For example, a 10-foot-wide (3 meter) area would require a 5-foot-long (1.5 meter) tube. Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. The clams are then collected from the resulting hole. Save. [On my last dig], the guy next to me was so impressed with yours [Claminator] he bought 2 immediately after our trip. Please do not contact or return your Murffs Claminator product to the store where purchased. Our clam guns are truly built by clammers, for clammers. It consists of a long, cylindrical tube with a trigger mechanism at one end. The vent hole will allow air to escape, and the resulting suction will pull the sand and water up the tube. The clams will be left behind in the hole. Made with a hybrid Schedule 40 PVC handle and 22 gauge 304 stainless steel tube. The gun slides into the sand like a hot knife thru butter and pulls out super easy. PVC schedule 40 handle bolted and cemented, cap screwed and cemented. Stop by and say hello and check out his clam guns, lantern stands and clam bags - (Dave's Contact # 360-775-5503). I passed along your feedback to Dave Allard. Claminators offer the same price point of around $180, no matter which size you pick. The tapered edge make for a quick and deep plunge. Choosing a good quality laser machine is tricky since there are bottomless options. All stainless-steel hardware. FREE Shipping! @cYfcEOfsoYk6%]e>EN%7]l#JEt>U[~U?AJ,3$;'hPfi} "i2)gWd44GX|"r6pS%+e(zd#]>IYBk:6!]iW 2pK{!U2P9b9x6/`Z)`;]9V0/W@TUQ!Dtb* :.E-pT!?mu(31^V. Kalaloch is currently closed due to low populations, but WDFW is monitoring these populations closely. When Do You Need To File A 1099-MISC Form For Clam Shells. In addition to providing information, Anchor & Hope also provides delicious seafood recipes that are easy to follow. Some of these items ship sooner than the others. I think he's soon to be a customer of Murff's too! Then, push down on the handle to sink the barrel into the sand. Carefully scrub the clams under cold running water to remove sand and grit, then set aside. He is not quite 5'11" tall. Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP Vs. DEXRON VI Transmission Fluid. Reviewed in the United States on March 22, 2023. Broken handles are considered excessive abuse and a $40 fee will applied to replace a broken wood handle. $115. Glad you like the clam guns. Rugged steel construction and very durable. Made with a hybrid Schedule 40 PVC handle and 22 gauge 304 stainless steel tube. A place to share outdoor experiences, commentary, reviews, photos, and videos. They are dialed in and have all all the tools and know all the tricks. 2 minutes into our dig, he snapped the handle off of it and watched me dig my limit with my stainless gun until he could get his hands on my Claminator. Holes for razor clams do not have to be refilled as is required for hard shell clam digging. This product only ships to the continental United States, not Hawaii or Alaska. The ultimate tool for digging razor and gapper clams on sandy beaches. Steven DeMars 189 subscribers 199 51K views 4 years ago Clamhawk. 28" Long 4" Diameter. This is the Cadillac of clam guns! Get Special Offers Delivered Right to Your Inbox. The significant difference between these two products is their price points. The SMI Aluminum Clam Gun comes in a variety of bright colors, and it provides a fun family activity. The area has some great overnight clamming trips that will keep you coming back for more. It is useful to use a shrimp gun to soften mud or sand in a deep hole, allowing for easier removal of deeper clams. This clam gun is awesome and requires very little effort to push into or pull up in the sand. These devices have seen some innovations in the last couple of years involving high quality Stainless Steel or aluminum . Push the tube down in the sand over the dimple with your thumb or finger ON the vent hole. If any warranty issue comes up, we'll cover the cost of packing & shipping to the manufacturer from any Sportsman's Warehouse location. Made with a hybrid Schedule 40 PVC handle and 22 gauge 304 stainless steel tube. When a clammer clears a zone, it will be slim pickings until the following year because spawning shrimp dont regenerate quickly. He can be reached at 360.775.5503 if you need any additional information. Long before the West Coast Razor Clam digging was possible, it was done with specially designed shovels. It consists of a long, narrow tube with a handle at one end and a trigger at the other. Easily spent more than the cost of the Claminator on other clamming guns that either didn't work as well, or didn't work at all. Razor clams also have small circular dimples or dime sizes on dry sand. Lifetime Warranty on all RazorClams.com brand clam equipment. However, they are easier to carry around since they're quite lightweight. contact formto request a quote for shipping options. The Clamhawk CG-3 is constructed using thin but strong quality stainless steel. further © 2015 OuterEscape LLC. Its time to carve out the final decision so lets get into it. Every penny you spent on other clamming guns was a waste. % Thus, its a big no-no for your clam gun to jam up during these courses. Claw Rake with Mesh Net, 15 Inch Japanese Hand Rake, 5-Tine Ninja Steel Clamming Claws, Long Handled Shell Clam Digger, Dig Seafood Accessories with Flat Cowhide Rope, Lightweight, Sturdy, Compact, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Select a location to see product availability, Murff's Claminator Stainless Steel Clam Gun w/Vent Tube and Check Valve, Sizes: 28", 33", 35", 37", Updated other options based on this selection, Health & fitness magazines included in Kindle Unlimited. Murffs Claminator clam guns are built by clammers, for clammers. I ordered one from the website and it was promptly delivered. Amazon has encountered an error. We went clamming this past weekend here in WA at Ocean Shores with our old, tried-and-true stainless steel clam gun. They exhibit consistent performance on the sea, which is a huge plus since many other alternatives fail to remain coherent in their features and performance. Look for people on the beach whom are successfully harvesting clams. Choosing the best razor clam gun depends on a few elements; budget, personal preference, size, color, and ease of use. The important things of a clam gun. Pleasevisit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information on cleaning and care of your Murffs Claminator products. U-Name-It Welding and Fabrication, dba TheClaminator.com. We gave our gun to a kid using a PVC gun on our last day as we walked off the beach and placed our order for a Claminator the minute we got home. The tube is inserted into the sand, and the trigger is pulled to release a blast of water that loosens the clams from the sediment. Please contact us to ask about expedited shipping options. Member since Oct 2014. Make an offer! Prior to harvesting, check the beach to determine if the beach is open or if there are any restrictions. All rights reserved. Discover health tips, recipes, and fitness ideas. Just wanted to share my great experience with the claminator at this morning's dig up at Ocean Beach, Washington. 28" Long 4" Diameter. Hes a very hard working, experienced & talented craftsman, with a great sense of humor! Insert a small piece of PVC pipe into the trigger hole. Spend the money, it's well worth it! The upcoming digs for this weekend at Mocrocks are as follows: During the razor clamming season, youll find Dave Allard set up across from the Green Lantern Pub in Copalis Beach. We reserve the right to correct pricing errors. Dave soon introduced me to his Razor Vac clam gun. DECEMBER SALE - Get a FREE CLAM BAG with every purchase of a clam gun or shovel! A clamhawk is a type of razor clam gun used to harvest clams from the seafloor. Hurry and make a purchase now to receive FREE SHIPPING (to any address in the continental United States). Listen for the rattle of the valve bolt! Absolutely the best purchase I've ever made. I bought one and have never looked back. Thanks Dale! While I did have to hammer the edges of the barrel straight after running it into buried oyster reefs on a few occasions, Im very doubtful that any other clam gun would have even survived the beating, including 4000+ insertions. Most Razor Clam harvesters most often use an implement known as a "Clam Gun" to catch their quarry. The weather may play a big factor in determining if the razor clams are showing good. Razor clams' shells break easily and can cut you! Thank you so much for the feedback. I have used this gun in Oregon and I caught many ghost shrimp with it. It consists of a long, narrow tube with a handle at one end and a trigger at the other. The last judgment, besides the price, must be about users personal preferences and usage needs. In contrast, the Clam Hawk isnt far behind with its hybrid PVC and stainless steel construction. Call Dave to confirm, but I believe they are still priced at $100. I couldnt be happier with my purchase. I have been digging geoducks and razor clams on Washington beaches since 1976 (as a 6 year old).
Lebanon, Tn Crime Reports, 2018 Ram Key Fob Programming, Haywood County Mugshots, Articles C