"Sometimes, some signs were there more than others," she continued. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. Little more than two months after "One More Life"arrived, Chester Bennington was dead at just 41 years of age. The bride took to Instagram Monday to "set the record . His mother, Susan, was a nurse; his father, Lee, was a police detective who investigated child-sex crimes. And, it seems like we have an answer to that now. From the anatomic findings and pertinent history I ascribe thc death to: . Though his music career was thriving, his personal life took a downward turn. He was best-known as the lead vocalist and songwriter . I was on 11 hits of acid a day, he told the magazine in 2016. To be perfectly clear, no one has directly claimed that these were among the driving factors behind Chester Bennington's death. . This detail was left off the singer's autopsy report, supposedly because Talinda Bennington's lawyer cited "marital privilege" as the reason why such information should be redacted. The 200 Greatest Singers of All Time When you visit this site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This was particularly evident during a promotional show where Linkin Park dedicated the song "One More Light" to Cornell's memory. You dont need much to lose your mind for a minute.. He is survived by . Subway Platform as He Belts New Single 'Eyes Closed', American Idol Judges Make an Exception and Send 26 Contestants Into the Top 24, Go Behind the Scenes of Brynn Cartelli's Empowering 'Secondhand Smoke' Music Video (Exclusive), AJMcLean's Estranged Wife Rochelle 'Initiated' Their Separation amid 'Trust Issues': Source (Exclusive), Lizzo Jokes Playing Royalty on 'The Mandalorian' Means She's a Disney Princess Now, Ashlee Simpson Ross and Evan Ross' Relationship Timeline, Taylor Swift Spotted Out and About for the First Time Since News of Joe Alwyn Breakup, Harry Styles' Mom on the Star Raiding the Fridge When He's Home and How He's Still the 'Same', Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn's Breakup: Everything We Know, JoJo Says She's Exiting Her 'Comfort Zone' in Broadway Debut as Satine in 'Moulin Rouge!' Hed previously performed the groups Dead and Bloated and Wonderful with them in 2001 on the Family Values Tour. The case is now closed. And right now, Benningtons family, friends, and fans are numb with grief over the loss of a talented artist who was in the prime of his life. As RadarOnline.com previously reported, friends and family are in absolute shock over his passing. Revisit 12 great Linkin Park songs that showcase the talents of the bands late singer Chester Bennington. Celebrating the life of the Linkin Park frontman, who died five years ago today. The 41-year-olds death is being treated as a suspected suicide after he was found dead by an employee in his private residence. All rights reserved. "Stone Temple Pilots has this sexier, more classic rock feel to it. (modern). He was arguably in the best physical condition of his life.. First, Chris Cornell, and now Chester Bennington, the lead singer of the rock band Linkin Park. You could feel the tension between the two when he sang, and I think the reason so many people connected to his music was because of that balance he achieved between the two., Benningtons songs, many co-written with Shinoda, became anthems for young people struggling with some of the same emotional issues. The 50 Worst Decisions in Music History He could be funny in a juvenile way one minute (he was a fan of scatological humor) and deeply sensitive the next: Shuck recalls Bennington kicking himself endlessly after making a joke about lung cancer onstage. Bennington entered a relationship with former Playboy model Talinda Ann Bentley, with whom he had three children: Tyler Lee, who was born in 2006, and twins, Lily and Lila (pictured here), who were born in 2011. Offers may be subject to change without notice. My mom said I looked like I stepped out of Auschwitz. Id smoke a bunch of crack, do a bit of meth and just sit there and freak out. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Theory, he told an interviewer, Its a great record, we love it. Related According to Bennington, the molestation started when he was seven or eight years of age and continued until he was 13 years-old. BENNINGTON. Linkin Park released their third album, Minutes to Midnight, in 2007. He channeled his angst into music and put it out there for everyone to hear and see. Bennington first gained prominence as a vocalist following the release of Linkin Park's debut album, Hybrid Theory (2000), which was a . Their 2003 follow-up, Meteora, was also a swift Number One, thanks in part to the success of the platinum single Numb, which featured Bennington screaming about feeling turned off to the world. Gordon Lightfoot, Canadian Folk-Rock Troubadour, Dead at 84 Chester Bennington Laid to Rest as Fans Organize Memorials, Shuck believes Bennington had a couple of drinks just before his death. I wanted to kill myself. He married Talinda in 2005, and the couple had a son and twin daughters. Most Shocking Celebrity Deaths of All Time When I look at it now, its horrifying. A beacon of light and hope is what you will always be to us. The two were close friends. Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington dead at 41 In the days before he died, Chester Bennington had seemed happy and well, his widow recalled. Chester Bennington: An Honest Voice of Pain and Anger for a Generation Part of the a360media Entertainment Group.Powered by WordPress VIP, Please note that this form cannot be used to reset your Google, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window). DAILY. It destroyed my self-confidence. Your culture and entertainment cheat-sheet. Im so sorry. He joined the already-formed group in 1999, according to Rolling Stone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_Bennington No_Dream16 9 mo. Show more Show more One. Chester committed suicide July 20 by hanging himself. Elias added that the coroners department is currently conducting a death investigation, with more information set for release Thursday afternoon. Its cool to be a part of recovery. The death of the Numb singer fell on the birthday of his dear friend Chris, who committed suicide by hanging in May. The opening line, I dont like my mind right now like, that is me 24 hours a day. A wife lost her life partner. In the open letter, posted on Twitter, Chester wrote . MENTAL HEALTH AND MINDSET He hadpostedseveral positive tweets including one about him being artistically inspired and said, Feeling very creative this last one week. He died of suicide by hanging and was found on the morning of July 20th in his Palos Verdes Estates home in Los Angeles County, a. In the past few days, weve seen an outpouring of love and support, both public and private, from around the world. Academy Slaps Down New Rules After Andrea Riseborough, Tom Cruise, Michelle Yeoh Controversies From the time Chester was seven or eight until he was 13, he was sexually abused by an older male friend. Bennington and DeLeo were laid over for 12 hours in Chicago, and the drummer felt horrible for keeping them from home during the holiday season. In addition to the Linkin Park tour, he was planning a reunion with his pre-fame grunge band, Grey Daze, for September. He also appeared in two Crank movies and in Saw 3D. The difficult part was losing all my money, starting my life over and having to pay the person I didnt want to be around in the first place, he said in a 2009 interview, referring to his 2005 divorce from Samantha Marie Olit. As pointed out by The Washington Post, Bennington died on what was supposed to be Cornell's 53rd birthday, almost exactly two months after the grunge legend died following a Soundgarden concert in Detroit. If you or anyone you know is having suicidal thoughts, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). An official statement will come out as soon as we have one. Shocked and heartbroken, but its true, Benningtons fellow Linkin Park vocalist Mike Shinoda said on Twitter. Chester Bennington, the lead singer of the rock band Linkin Park, was found dead Thursday according to a spokesman for the LA County Coroner. I think that its just another horrible event that gets put in your subconscious. The 42-year-old said fans were reaching out to her on Twitter in the days following Chester's death and that, because she couldn't keep up with the influx of messages, she called on fans to . Just getting started.. Chester Bennington's Official Cause Of Death Revealed As Linkin Park Releases Heartbreaking Letter. Rolling Stone is a part of Penske Media Corporation. 09 of 09. People reports that the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office confirmed that Bennington died as a result of suicide by hanging. Chester Bennington was an American musician, singer-songwriter and actor who had a net worth of $30 million at the time of his death in 2017. Kiss Paul Stanley Has 'Thoughts' About Parents Who Support Kids Gender Identities The son of a nurse and a police detective, he loved bands like Depeche Mode and Stone Temple Pilots which he would one day become a member of. "We had a fairytale life and now it has turned into some sick Shakespearean tragedy. Bennington a father of six joined the Grammy-winning band in 1999. We want to hear it. Click through to see the bone-chilling images where the Linkin Park singer took his own life at the young age of 41. Its blend of rap, metal and electronic music propelled it to Number Two on Billboard, and the RIAA has subsequently certified it diamond, signifying sales of more than 10 million copies. Coincidently, he died on the 53rd birthday of his close friend, Chris Cornell, who had also died of suicide by hanging two months prior to his death on 17 May 2017. Born in Phoenix, Bennington's interest in music was sparked at an early age. He was on top of the world, says Sean Dowdell, drummer for Grey Daze and a friend of Benningtons since their teens, who last talked to him two days before his death. Bennington died on what would have been late singer Chris Cornells 53rd birthday. So I used pot to get off drugs. My name is Chester, Bennington told the mourners gathered there. People reports that the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office confirmed that Bennington died as . Gordon Lightfoot, Canadian Folk-Rock Troubadour, Dead at 84 Then Id smoke opium to come down. Cornells suicide, also by hanging himself, had weighed heavily on Benningtons mind. "You touched so many lives, maybe even more than you realized. The results of the autopsy on Chester Bennington have been released, indicating the late Linkin Park frontman had traces of alcohol but no drugs in his system when he took . It destroyed my self-confidence.. Chester Bennington performing in June 2017. Linkin Park is an American rockbandfrom Agoura Hills, California, who achieved worldwide success with their debut albumHybrid Theoryin 2000. And when Shuck told him that he too was struggling, Bennington sent him text messages in support. Heavy, which features Bennington trading catchy verses with 22-year-old singer and songwriter Kiiara, had only made it into the middle-half of the pop chart at the time of the singers death, though the album had debuted at Number One. The risk made for the hits What Ive Done, Bleed It Out and Shadow of the Day, all of which were certified platinum and multi-platinum. I pray you find peace in the next life. He had performed Leonard Cohens classic song Hallelujah at Cornells funeral and was sad over his friends untimely demise. Chester Charles Bennington, singer and songwriter, born 20 March 1976; died 20 July 2017. Limp Bizkits Fred Durst also remembered him on Instagram, sharing a picture of the pair with the words Gonna miss you, while Placebo warned on Facebook of the life-threatening nature of the twin demons of addiction and depression. A coroner has officially determined the cause of death for Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington. Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington died of an apparent suicide by hanging Thursday morning, according to The Associated Press. As the news was reported by outlets like the Twitter account of Associated Press, Bennington's Linkin Park co-vocalist Mike Shinoda soon confirmed the situation. Facing a backlash from some older fans on how Trending Its funny to think that just because youre successful youre now immune to the full range of the human experience. Linkin Park released their last album earlier this year and had been touring before Benningtons death. The rocker was found dead at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in Los Angeles County on Thursday morning. CHESTER Bennington passed away unexpectedly at only 41, but his musical genius will continue to inspire for generations to come. The report, first published by TMZ, said that the singer was not under the influence of drugs at the time of his death. May you rest in peace Chester Bennington. Who cares if one more light goes out, he sang. Hed become a father for the first time at age 20, and first got married in 1996. Her video of the family follows their 15-year-old son, Draven Bennington, releasing three videos for National Suicide Prevention Week after his father's death. In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Hotline is 1-800-273-8255. Benningtons death is still resonating among his fans, who experienced a shock wave when the news reached the public. On Friday, authorities told PEOPLE the official cause of death would not be determined until an autopsy and toxicology reports were completed, which the coroner expected first of week., Linkin Park released an emotional statement honoring their frontman Monday morning, writing, the demons who took you away from us were always part of the deal After all, it was the way you sang about those demons that made everyone fall in love with you in the first place., RELATED GALLERY: Linkin Park Frontman Chester Benningtons Life in Photos. We responded to the scene and unfortunately confirmed that Mr. Chester Bennington was deceased at the scene.. In the days that followed Chester Bennington's death, many fans had noticed that his passing had some links to another iconic vocalist who recently died by suicide Soundgarden/Temple of the Dog/Audioslave frontman Chris Cornell. Hybrid Theory came at the peak of the nu-metal explosion and quickly dominated the Billboard chart, thanks in part to heavy MTV airplay. In the end, it was just easier for him to say goodbye than to stay and suffer the pain. I hadnt seen so much of that [in him], spending time on the road., He always had enjoyable tales of his six kids, which he always referred to with a beaming smile, no matter what kind of parental woe might have had him do a double take, says ZZ Tops Billy Gibbons, who toured with Bennington in Kings of Chaos within the past year. Michael Loccisano/Getty Images. When we talk about lyrical content we cant just go back to being that angry kid. Indeed, the night before the 41-year-old took. He eventually told his father about the abuse, but declined to pursue the case when he learned that the abuser was himself a victim. The 41-year-old was found by an employee on Thursday in the bedroom of his house and while a note has not been found, the death is being treated as a suspected suicide. It was also revealed that Bennington, along with his fellow band members, had recently wrapped an episode of Carpool Karaoke with James Corden just days before his death. The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time The investigation into his death is now closed. I have a hard time with life, he said while describing the meaning behind the hit Heavy. Even when its good, I just am uncomfortable all the time. In the UK, the Samaritans can be . In the report, the coroner wrote, autopsy findings are characteristic of suicidal hanging. And typical Chester style, he e-mailed back: Anytime, bro. There was no drama. How Old Was Chester Bennington When He Died. At age 17, in 1993, he joined a band called Sean Dowdell and His Friends?, with whom he released three songs. He was 41. His messages were loving, positive, looking-forward-to-the-future, growing-old kinds of things, DeLeo recalls. Like most people, I was too afraid to say anything. Online, the Los Angeles County coroner's office determined Bennington's cause of death as a suicide by hanging. Avicii passed away on April 20, 2018 in Oman. We have had a lot of success and there are a lot of great things going on for us, but there are things that really matter to us, he added. We will miss you.. She's worked at PEOPLE for over seven years as a writer, reporter and editor across our Entertainment, Lifestyle and News teams, covering everything from the Super Bowl to the Met Gala. If you or anyone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 to be connected to a local crisis center for confidential emotional support. Bennington struggled with depression and substance abuse for most of his life, starting in his childhood. All About Activist Ali Hewson, Seymour Stein, Record Executive Who Signed Madonna, The Cure and Talking Heads, Dead at 80, Meet the Talented Emerging Artists You Won't Want to Miss This Spring, Depeche Mode's Dave Gahan Says It Was 'Strange' to Record New Album 6 Weeks After Andy Fletcher Died, Ed Sheeran Reflects on How His Growing Family Led Him to Quit Drinking Hard Liquor: 'Just Be Done', All About Patti Scialfa, Bruce Springsteen's Wife and Bandmate, Bono Reveals His Secret Love of ABBA as He Performs Cover of 'S.O.S.' Modern rock music lost one of its most talented vocalists on July 20, 2017, when Linkin Park's Chester Bennington was found dead at his Palos Verdes, California, home from an apparent suicide. Its the angel and the demon, sitting on both shoulders. According to a police report, Bennington was pronounced dead at 9:08 am July 20 Palo Verdes Estates, California. By. Ive written six songs, and Im happy with all of them. But friends say he suffered a three-day relapse last August, during which he blacked out from alcohol, and had been drinking as recently as October. The Members of the Beach Boys: Where Are They Now? Bennington's widow said she missed the warning signs Frazer Harrison/Getty Images After Bennington, who had been fronting the Phoenix alt-rock band Grey Daze, replaced original vocalist Mark Wakefield, Linkin Parks Hybrid Theory lineup was set. He was telling me, down to the detail, what he would do in the first hour he wanted to drink: I basically just take it hour-by-hour every day., Bennington talked about his issues in an interview in February with Music Choice. Less than two months later, Bennington, too, was being mourned. In May 2017, he had been in an optimistic mood. The Linkin Park frontman hanged himself from a bedroom door at his. Chester Bennington died of suicide by hanging, the L.A. County Coroners Office confirms to PEOPLE. Who was in charge of setting up the security cameras? Benningtons many fans, peers and collaborators in music and entertainment offered their condolences and shared their memories of the singer on social media, includingRihanna, Hayley Williams of Paramore, Chance the Rapper, Dwayne The Rock Johnson, Ryan Adams, Pusha T and Jimmy Kimmel. According to The Guardian, Bennington says that he was the victim of sexual abuse by an "older male friend" as a child. Daniel Knighton/FilmMagic. I had the great privilege of being a friend of Chris and invited to be a member of his family. Then, accompanied by Linkin Park bandmate Brad Delson on guitar, he sang Hallelujah. Bennington had become famous in the early 2000s as the powerhouse voice of one of rocks biggest bands, expressing himself through an angst-ridden scream, but that day his singing was different: plaintive, somber, fragile. Chester Bennington performs on stage with Linkin Park at Sleep Train Amphitheatre on September 16, 2014 in Chula Vista, California. The widow of late Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington has spoken out about the late singer's battle with depression, and the impact of his . Sadly, on July 20, 2017, he found dead in his home in California, and this information came as a shock to all of his fans all over the world. ALL FREE. Chester Bennington 's death due to suicide has shocked everyone that knew him. 2023 Billboard Media, LLC. After all, it was the way you sang about those demons that made everyone fall in love with you in the first place. Bennington sang lead vocals on each of these albums which elevated Linkin Park to cult status all over the world. His family released a. The tragic, unexpected death of Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington was ruled a suicide by hanging on July 20, when his body was discovered in his Los Angeles home. Six children lost their father. . The coroner's office was called out to a. He then went on to perform with a new band, Grey Daze. ', 12 Girl Groups Who Have Made Their Mark on the Music Industry. Their first album, Hybrid Theory, debuted in 2000, and shot to the top of the charts, becoming the best-selling album of 2001. If you or someone you know is considering suicide, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). One of the security cameras (circled in red) photographed the on July 20th, 2017 after Bennington's body was found. "Our hearts are broken. A dresser in the room contained a prescription for generic Ambien with one pill broken in half; the section that says who the prescription was made out to was blacked out prior to publication. Despite Linkin Parks commercial success and Benningtons well-received collaborations with Dead by Sunrise and Stone Temple Pilots, he always tried to stay grounded. Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Singer, Dead at 41, Gordon Lightfoot: 10 Essential Songs by the Canadian Folk Icon, King Charles IIIs Coronation Concert Talent: Tom Cruise, Nicole Scherzinger, Winnie the Pooh, See the Real Donna Summer Singer, Actress, Mother in Doc Trailer, performed the albums title track, One More Light, on, Gordon Lightfoot, Canadian Folk-Rock Troubadour, Dead at 84, Stagecoach 2023: Lainey Wilson, Chris Stapleton, and Nostalgia Dominate Countrys California Fest, Ed Sheeran Plays Van Morrison Song as Proof He Didn't Steal From Marvin Gaye in Copyright Trial, New Jeans, Rina Sawayama, Saweetie Among Gold House A100 Honorees, Newsmax Accuses Murdochs of Designing a New-World-Order Globalist Kill List Against Tucker Carlson, DeSantis' Disney Board Will Countersue the Mouse, 'Redfall' is a Decent Looter Shooter With an Identity Crisis. Unsolved: The 11 Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths, Chester Bennington's Widow Remarries On Same Date She Wed The Late Singer, Chester Bennington's Widow Gets Engaged After Singer's Shocking Suicide By Hanging. At the time of Linkin Parks early success, Bennington slipped back into addiction. According to sources familiar with the situation who spoke to TMZ, Chester Bennington allegedly attempted suicide eight months before his death, though he had a "change of heart" and chose not to go through with it. They were darker and moodier than anything Id come up with for the band, he told Metal Hammer. I wanted to kill myself.. FACT CHECK: Dave Ramsey Made a Statement About America Online, FACT CHECK: CIA Director Gina Haspel Found Dead, FACT CHECK: Kwik Trip Launches Kwik Strip Gentlemens Clubs, What Happened to Gia Banks Face? He was telling me, down to the detail, what he would do in the first hour he wanted to drink: I basically just take it hour-by-hour every day. Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington hanged himself at his LA home on July 20, as did Soundgarten vocalist Chris Cornell in May and actor-comedian Robin Williams three years ago. "Sometimes, they weren't there at all. Bennington's cause of death has been ruled a suicide as law . Your. Thank you for that gift. What Caused the Scar on the Legendary Stars Face.
Infatuation Miami South Beach, Dallas Open Tennis 2022, Articles C